It is clear why we work on this and why it can help us know ourselves and avoid doing harm.
Breath in and out in growing counts of heartbeats per inhale and exhale and make sure you allow at least one or two heart beats for the pause during each phase. When you reach a point were you become slightly full, relax during the pause stage and make sure you become aware of the gap between the extra tension you are using and the form and tension after you relax during and after the inhale or exhale. As you become more comfortable and relaxed add another heartbeat or two to the Inhale/Exhale phases and again relax with awareness during the pause so you notice and automatically correct your effort and nerve/muscle engagement. Again move forward and backwards with this as you focus on the breathing being done with the least effort and utmost relaxation by becoming aware of the extra work you do due to the intention getting in the way.
I like to do this while driving or walking as it adds to my relaxation and capacity to notice things going my way ahead of time and it can be done almost anywhere and unnoticed.
Different times and locations will bring out different focus and sensations. Be aware of it and it’s effect will not control you.
Take a stick and hold it with both hands, Start to roll very slowly making sure you are putting hard on soft and soft on hard to protect the spine and head. Move the stick around by holding it wide and narrow and in front and at the back. Do not jump unless you feel good about it and remember hard ground is a good honest teacher.
A nice drill for your shoulder movement is to lie face down on the ground and move your arms straight like propellers around the floor either way. You start the movement with the body and breath and coordinate yourself.
2. Hold both ends of the chain or its middle in both hands and rotate the chain around your body and over your head. Let it drape over your body from time to time and remember to relax and move without stopping. If you move past the point the chain stops you will be able to blend with it (check the verb rend in the dictionary first for some respect)
3. Hold one end of the chain and throw it up and catch it before it reaches the ground. Keep your eyes relaxed and breath. Proceed to throwing one end of the chain as you hold the other end and move out of the way and catch the other end. Relax your body and hand and do not harm yourself.
4. Drape the chain over your wrist and slide it up and down the forearm moving as little as possible. Proceed to the shoulder and than all over the upper body. Remember you can do this under your armpit and so on.
5. Hold both ends of the chain in one hand and slide one foot into the loop and pass the entire body through it or from the head down and so on a few times. Remember your alignment.
6. Hold both ends of the chain and move it from side to side like a small rocking chair and jump rope with it (no need to go over the head right away, it hurts, I know) from all sides, right to left, left to right and back and forth.
Say thank you your face is in one piece and relax it.
The when is just as important as the how if you intend to get somewhere unnoticed.