Points to work on:
1. first move with the knife as a whole from the body , If you try to move the part touched you will be cut sooner than later.
2. Keep breathing and note where the breathing effects your form. If you are stabbed in the stomach avoid pressing the diaphragm down.
3. When you pinch and hold you become static and a statistic. Move and keep moving. Move and in more directions than one in each hand.
4. Keep your eyes relaxed to see the entire picture and walk so you naturally cover what is around you. This releases you in the mind and in the body from attachment to the partner.
5. Only lift the knife hand and anything else you move as much as needed. Get to where you want to go and sink in.
6. Sinking means you relax the elbow and let the knife move or the hand align and move according to the tension you feel and go into the open door rather than working hard to make one.
7. Once you have worked on this for a while, work as both are moving and remember to avoid contact if you feel uncomfortable and from the partner side to move the knife without the partner seeing it.
8. Move what is free to move. If you are stabbed from the side and attempt to move from the same side leg (ignoring the hip) you will tense that part and keep it in place more than if you move as a whole and relax.
9. NOTHING IS WRITTEN IN STONE. DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU IN THAT INSTANCE AND REMEMBER THAT IF IT WORKED ON HIM ONE TIME IT IS LIKELY TO FAIL IN THE NEXT TRY. HE KNOWS MORE NOW.
10 Avoid technique refining. every moment is different. See what you have and work with it.
Have fun and don’t bruise your friends face if he has a date tonight. 🙂