Here are eight ways being a parent gives you on the job training to be a better martial artists.
- Learn to roll softly by Spreading some Legos on the ground and rolling over them. If you dare 🙂
- Listen to silence as well as noise to know when it is time to sprint to the rescue.
- learn to feel a change in mood before it erupts to avoid conflict and build the family.
- Sleep with one eye open for the rest of your life to monitor the noise, heat, air movement and scent of everything around you.
- learn to track several independent movements at once and prioritize.
- learn to catch with the right amount of tension and to bump without harm with fragility.
- learn to accept hard truths at surprising heights and depths without clinging to illusion. It can make and unmake the story in spectacular ways.
- Learn to mind where you place your bulk and avoid mindlessness. Any moment void of awareness can wreck havoc on tiny feet and arms.
And smile, if it makes sense or if it feels good.