Simple things are usually overlooked. Here are ten simple suggestion for future learning and fun if you have the right mindset or want to have one.
Keep from punctures and cuts while in contact. That is more than half of that battle.
1. Teach only from the front – no work from the back or sideways
2. Work only from a standing position – do not work from sitting, lying down and so on
3. Work only one on one
4. Work only with one knife
5. Work only with both eyes open
6. Work only with choreography (fixed attacks and defense)
7. Work only with one model of knife
8. Work only in one environment (stairs, car, street…)
9. Work only in a calm way (yelling, cursing, throwing crap around)
10. Work only in comfortable clothers
Special tip: Avoid movement where you focus on being graceful and disarming the person. Focus on keeping from getting puncured and cut and let the disarm come to you. A play where you focus on not getting touched by a short stick is more beneficial to your longevity than focusing on disarms. Think of doing this with more than one person and the lesson will reveal itself.
And “let off some steam Bennet” 🙂