Here are nine drills to start your day relaxed and coordinated.
- Lie on your back and bring one hand straight overhead. Inhale and extend your body to create the longest line you can between the outstretched hand and the opposing foot. Repeat for the other side.
- Lie on your stomach and lift all limbs and head in the air. Inhale and make the longest line you can between one hand and the same side leg. Repeat for the other side.
- Sit on your behind and lift both legs in the air and place your hands on the outside of your feet. Exhale and press with your hands inward and your legs outward. Use even pressure and your eyes forward and calm.
- Lie on your stomach and place your fingertips on the back of your head. Inhale slowly and raise your head up starting from between the shoulder blades with light resistance from your fingertips.
- Squat on the flat of your feet and place your hand on your ribs where they meet the spine. Inhale slowly and pull your ribs forward with light resistance from your spinal muscles.
- Stand upright and bring one foot in the air but under your body. Inhale and swing the leg forward as you swing both arms to clap behind you and then swing the leg back and the arms to clap in front of you. Repeat several times for both feet.
- Stand upright and look forward. Inhale and rise on your toes as you also raise your hands overhead from the sides. Exhale and roll back. Repeat several times.
- Stand upright and slowly exhale. As you exhale, slowly relax the spine from the top downward and on the slow inhale back up. Repeat several times.
- Stand upright and slowly exhale. As you exhale slowly relax the spine sideways and and with the moment of the movement move your spine around the hips. Repeat several times.