Here are ten suggestion to increase the pressure we place on ourselves while working on our health and ability.
Principle – example:
- Height – raise your legs to differnet heights as you do push ups.
- Stability – Do push ups on two hanging ropes.
- Surface – Walk on your fists and feet outside and choose your placing wisely.
- Speed– Slow down or speed up your sit ups and leg raises to spend more time on the movement and give your mind more time to understand how you move.
- Breath – Dictate how many breaths you have per movement or give yourself no breath at all to perform a task.
- Sight – Close your eyes and do one legged squats.
- Position – Place your fists/hands in different angles as you do push ups.
- Tension – Keep your arms tense as you climb a rope.
- Tempo – Set a time and perform differnet counts of a movement during it.
- Movement – Change the movement itself. Do a turkish get up without placing a hand on the ground, do a snatch with the KB on the side of the hip.
There is endless variation. Be free in your mind first and enjoy each day of movement.
Do not take things for granted. Learn something by making small changes every time.