Humans live in families, tribes and now in societies. We evolved our neural conduct and mental awareness to adept and sync with others for survival and acceptance.
The same behavior that saves and nourishes us in peacetime can get us killed and hurt during a struggle. Pushing requires you to tense the route of support to the pressure but pushing against the knife has obvious deterrents to it unless you live in a comic book.
Here are a few examples of mirrors in struggle. Do the work and see what conclusions you reach naturally. Trust your entire system. Your mind, your feelings and your body.
- Take a short stick and try to touch the end of it to your partner. Move continuously and smoothly and then just stop and relax your arm to become limp. As you see your partner mirror your relaxation, move toward them and repeat until they naturally come to a new realization.
- Take the same stick from the previous play and start advancing on your partner but with a repeating pattern of movement or a repeating target area. As you see your partner relax into the pattern/area, release the fixation and repeat until they naturally come to a new realization.
- Take a longer stick (walking stick or longer) and aim to touch the flat of it to your partner as they evade. Use your gaze to suggest one target to the partner and follow through with the stick. As you see your partner trust the eye contact, release the fixation and repeat until they naturally come to a new realization.
- Take two short sticks and give one to your partner. Aim to touch your partner with the flat of the stick and have them use their stick to deflect yours. Move so you apply tension to the vector of approach so the contact of the partner stick halts. As you see your partner trust the contact response, release the tension and follow through with a relaxed hold. Repeat until they naturally come to a new realization.
- Grab a partner limb and aim to guide them to the ground and up continuously by pulling, pushing and twisting. Have them resist and as they go comfortable in the direction, reverse it and go full circle from one end to another. Repeat until they naturally come to a new realization.
- Walk with a partner and change your walking and posture as you walk and talk. You know what to do.
Stay within yourself so you can swim in the waves instead of being channeled.