Some things are simple but run deep.
Consistent practice of basics is the key.
- Instead of clenching your fists in preparation, keep your body moving and your arms loose like chains. Close the fist fully only on contact and look up Kime and use this as a principle instead of a specific tip.
- People have intentions. Bad people have bad intentions. Listen to what people are saying but also look as their facial expression changes and body language. The body and facial expression changes reveal what is behind the curtains.
- Mind the space. Pay attention to where you are and where you can go. People do not want to play a fair game if they have two working brain cells and will want to corner and gang up on you. Notice changes in groups and in how people place themselves as blocks and guides and how crowds act as one animal in subtle ways.
- A small force over a tiny surface is sometime better than a great force over a large surface. It is hard to overpower people under the influence of drugs or simply bigger people. You can though, concentrate your force on one finger of a soft spots in the body and head to create enough affect to avoid being controlled by the sheer force of the opposition.
- Balance matters. Balance allows for grace in movement and the opposite of it. Play with balance by dancing, playing games and the like so that when you have to traverse ice, maintain your movement freedom when shoved and grabbed, your body and your intentions will be one. A simple game of walking and pushing and pulling on a sliding surface will be enough to begin this jurney.
- We are tool users instead of tools and everything is a multitude when pressed. Breaking bones in the hands and body are much worse than smashing a laptop over a rapists head and you can use your water bottle in a plastic bag to great affect instead of your body mass.
- Strong people are harder to kill and get better movie deals. Invest a few minutes every day (That reads EVERY DAY) in doing something that requires effort from your body and do it so it affects your cardio ability as well. A good indicator that you are on the right path are, looking back at what you used to do and laughing at what used to be hard.
- Healthy people are harder to kill. All the strength in the world will not help you with even a mild case of loose bowels. Simple things as washing your hands and not picking your nose will put you in the running to surviving the zombie apocalypse and eating healthy food and fasting will really give a push to the top in that race.
- Water does not break. Having goals will get you somewhere but having fixed plans will get you killed and controlled in a conflict situation. Think of getting to where you need to go more than how you get there. A dynamic mind will look at problems as opportunities instead of obstacles and that will keep you in the top of the wave instead of sinking in the rush.
- Friends and family are a great power multiplier. Even two people going together will get attacked a lot less than two people walking in the same street but not as a group. Family can be a great resource of ability and support in hard times and even the young and old can fill roles that allow people to keep and grow their strength. An old person can guard over you when you are sleeping and a young person can go in places an adult cannot enter physically. Children pay attention to things adults take for granted and even in daily life, our friends and family are support and allow us to give back which is a basic need of the less sociopathically inclined J
Knowledge and people are worth more than the best gear and books on the self. Study, be a good person and be consistent.
And good luck 🙂